Followers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Book 11: The Secret Garden


Barnes and Noble's Description:

Written by: Frances Hodgson Burnett

Description: 
In this beloved children's story, Mary Lennox, an ill-tempered orphan is sent to live in England with an uncle she has never met. While there, she discovers a spoiled cousin and a long-abandoned garden. Working to restore the garden, she finds she also cures her own ill temper and reforms her cousin as well
[Neglected Colin] lives the life of a spoilt and incurable invalid until the arrival of an orphaned cousin. The two children secretly combine to restore his mother's locked garden and Colin to health and his father's affection.


My Thoughts: I always loved this book as a child. My mom use to read it to me. Though I found I liked it when my Mom read it to me better (go ahead and laugh) it's still one of my favorite stories and such a classic!

My Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment