Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Book 92: Hounding the Pavement


Barnes and Noble's Description:

Written by: Judy McCoy

Description: 

Recently divorced Ellie Engleman, ready for a fresh start, adopts a Yorkie and discovers she can telepathically communicate with dogs. Naturally, she launches a dog-walking business on Manhattan's posh Upper East Side. On the way to walk prize-winning Bichon Buddy, Ellie discovers the body of his owner, Professor Albright, murdered in his entryway. Buddy is missing and no one, save Ellie, is concerned. Sexy, annoying NYPD Det. Sam Ryder considers Ellie a prime suspect, but that doesn't stop her from searching for Buddy, hoping that finding the dog will lead her to the killer. Somehow managing to avoid every talking animal mystery cliché, McCoy fills this delightful story with humor, quirky characters and delicious hints of romance.

My Thoughts: This was such a cute story! It had all the necessary things for me... good story, fun characters, dogs and mystery. I loved the way the dogs communicated and found myself laughing out loud more than once or twice. Of  course a new series I have now started (I keep doing that) so I will be reading the others in hopes they are just as cute.

My Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment