Followers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Book 51: After The Leaves Fall


Barnes and Noble's Description:

Written by: Nicole Baart

Description: 
For anyone who’s ever wanted to start over . . .
Julia DeSmit’s life has been marked by loss. After her mother leaves and her father dies when she’s just sixteen, Julia is determined to escape the confines of her gossipy, conservative Christian town.
When her best friend and first love, Thomas, breaks her heart, Julia leaves for college—the perfect place to reinvent herself. But one wrong decision changes her forever, and she returns to her grandmother’s farm, weary and defeated.

Yet hope takes root in unexpected places, and Julia discovers that starting over looks nothing like she imagined.

My Thoughts: This one did not do it for me. I don't know if it's because I didn't realize how much emphasis on religion there would be (not that there's anything wrong with that just not my type of book) or all the detail about smoking in the beginning but I am glad it wasn't an extremely long book. I did like the character of Julia, for the most pat, but I just could not get into the story. The idea of the story was good in theory but this is not one I'll be reading again!

My Grade: C-

No comments:

Post a Comment