Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Book 72: Sleepaway Girls



Barnes and Noble's Description:

Written by: Jen Calonita

Description: 

When Sam's best friend gets her first boyfriend, she's not ready to spend the summer listening to the two of them call each other "pookie." Sick of being a third wheel, Sam applies to be a counselor-in-training at Whispering Pines camp in the New York Catskills. But what she doesn't realize is that it's not going to be all Kumbaya sing-alongs and gooey s'mores. If Ashley, the alpha queen of Whispering Pines, doesn't ruin Sam's summer, then her raging crush on the surfer-blond and flirtatious Hunter just might. At least she has playful Cole, who's always teasing her, but is oh-so-comfortable to hang out with, and the singular gang of girls that become fast friends with Sam-they call themselves the Sleepaway Girls.

My Thoughts: This was my first Jen Calonita book and I loved it. Probably because I worked at a summer camp one year, but I really could relate. Calonita included every aspect of camp including a color war. It actually really made me want to work at a camp again. It was a good/quick summer time read and I'd love it if there were a sequel...I don't think that's in the plans though. Anyway, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more of hers.

My Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment