Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Book 73: Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls -- Moving Day


Barnes and Noble's Description:

Written by: Meg Cabot

Description: 

When nine-year-old Allie Finkle's parents announce that they are moving her and her brothers from their suburban split-level into an ancient Victorian in town, Allie's sure her life is over. She's not at all happy about having to give up her pretty pink wall-to-wall carpeting for creaky floorboards and creepy secret passageways-not to mention leaving her modern, state-of-the-art suburban school for a rundown, old-fashioned school just two blocks from her new house.

With a room she's half-scared to go into, the burden of being "the new girl," and her old friends all a half-hour car ride away, how will Allie ever learn to fit in?
 

My Thoughts: Let me start my review by stating I know this book is ''lower'' than my reading level but seeing as I will pass the 100 book challenge (or at least I am pretty sure I will) I decided I wanted a fun/light read. All I can say is Meg Cabot never disappoints me. Her characters are always comical and her story lines are always quick and fun reads. Allie Finkle certainly qualifies as a typical Meg Cabot character. I really enjoyed this book and found myself laughing (or at least smiling) a lot during reading it. Sure, I read it in a day (okay a few hours) but it was nice to have a quick no brainier read. 

My Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment