Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Book 56: The Carrie Diaries


Barnes and Noble's Description:

Written by: Candace Bushnell

Description: 

Before Carrie Bradshaw hit the big time in the City, she was a regular girl growing up in the suburbs of Connecticut. How did she turn into one of the most-read social observers of our generation?
The Carrie Diaries opens up in Carrie's senior year of high school. She and her best friends -- Walt, Lali, Maggie, and the Mouse -- are inseparable, amid the sea of Jens, Jocks and Jets. And then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture. Sebastian is a bad boy-older, intriguing, and unpredictable. Carrie falls into the relationship that she was always supposed to have in high school-until a friend's betrayal makes her question everything. With her high school days coming to a close, Carrie will realize it's finally time to go after everything she ever wanted.

My Thoughts: I was a big fan of the show Sex and the City, I however hated the book Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell when I read it years ago. I have to say, I loved this prequel. First of all, it was in diary form (which is my favorite)...actually I guess technically it wasn't but it sort of read like it was. It explained a lot about Carrie's past and why Carrie Bradshaw is like she is. I may try to re-read Sex and the City at some point now that I have read the book. I do believe there's a second one out that explains how/why she ended up in New York and I look forward to reading that one as well. 

My Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment